Allied health professions have evolved rapidly over recent decades in response to the growing need for a health workforce with the capability to deliver specialised health services in a range of settings. They fulfil necessary roles in the health care system, including assisting, facilitating, and complementing the work of nurses.
Better teaching and utilization of the whole range of the skills of Allied Health Professionals (AHPs), is the key to health-sector reforms in the field. Allied Health Science Courses at , Columbia College of Nursing run as a wing of Nursing College and makes use of the infrastructure and the teaching faculty of Nursing college. The intent of training is to encourage dedicated personnel like religious Sisters and priests who are running a large number of hospitals and dispensaries, mainly in medically underserved and rural areas of our country to deliver the health care effectively. The course helps all those who are deeply committed and sensitive to the need of patients as well as community.
As part of the Nursing Strategic Plan (Oct 2010), objectives for nursing education include:
1. Increasing academic activity with affiliated educational partners as evidenced by:
2. Support ongoing professional development and pursuit of advanced education as evidenced by:
- Achievement of optimal number and quality of nursing student placements
- Enhanced student and staff satisfaction with student learning experiences
- Increased staff involvement with affiliated educational partners
- Increased opportunity for staff participation in on-site college and university programs
- Increased number of nursing leaders with advanced education
- Implementation of structured support for nursing career planning/development
- Increased awareness of, and opportunities for, advanced education and ongoing staff professional development
Courses of Study:
|Name of the Course
||Duration of Course
||Number of seats
The Nursing courses, prepares the student:
- To be part of the health care team.
- To support the medical team with closely related functions for complete treatment.
- To be part of Value Education activities of the institution.
- To uphold ethical values associated with the health care practices.
- To give quality care to patients in context to the laboratory/ hospital based competitive problem solving approach
- To critically evaluate and engage in research activities.
- To participate in the continuing medical education, workshops and other scientific meetings which helps them towards the professional development.
- To acquire leadership abilities.
- To function effectively as educators and managers with the application of modern concepts and technology.
- Develop understanding of multidisciplinary and multidimensional nature of hospital working and acquire basic insight into functional discipline.
- Training imparted in an accredited institution
- Pool of qualified and experienced teaching faculty
- Adequately ventilated large lecture halls and custom made practical halls
- State of the Anatomy, Fundamental, Nutrition, Maternity & Community lab facility
- Wifi enabled campus
- Excellent library facilities
- Strong knowledge base and skills on various aspects of the speciality
- Extensive hospital postings in parent departments daily for practical exposure
- Payment of Stipend for B.Sc.Nursing students
- Student participation in seminars, workshops, CME and scientific sessions
Departments for teaching Nursing Course:
||Biochemistry, Microbiology, Anatomy
||Pathology, Pharmacology, Community Psychology/Mental Health Nursing
||Computer & English
||Ramkrishna Care Hospital, Shree Satya sai Hospital, Sai Baba Nursing Home, Rajdhani Super Speciality, Yashoda Children Hospital, Dhanwantari Psychiatric Hospital, CHC Dharsiwa, PHC Mandhar,
- Group activities
4 Years including internship
- 12th passed with physics, chemistry and biology with minimum 45% for general category and 40% for SC/ST/OBC category student.
- Candidate should be passed 12th on regular basis from CGBoard/CGBSE.
- Age Limit is Minimum 17 Years & Maximum 25 Years.
- The Chhattisgarh state Pre –Nursing entrance test to be qualified for the admission.
- All admissions are performed under the auspicious counseling organized by the Directorate of Medical Education (DME) Govt. of Chhattisgarh, Raipur (C.G.).
Approved By Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi & Recognized By Chhattisgarh Directorate of Medical Education, Raipur and Affiliated to Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Sciences and Ayush University of Chhattisgarh.